Relief from Lower Back Pain in Imperial, MO
Dr. Paul Amato and the staff at Advanced Family Chiropractic and Rehabilitation want to free you from lower back pain. The best way to do this is to determine why your lower back is hurting.
Causes and Treatments of Lower Back Pain
Some common causes of lower back pain include injuries from auto accidents or sports play, years of poor posture or a spinal abnormality, sciatica, disc concerns, muscular imbalances, spinal misalignments, spinal stenosis or spine fractures. Some of these are more easily treated than others, but all use various treatments including:
- Spinal adjustments to position your vertebrae into an alignment that decreases your pain. This manipulation lessens the pressure on nerves that exit the spine, decreases pressure on discs so they can heal and also frees your spine for pain-free movements.
- Spinal decompression- decompression alleviates pressure on the discs between your vertebrae. This allows for the healing of herniated, bulging and degenerating discs and also reduces your lower back pain.
- Cold laser therapy- if your lower back pain is muscular, Dr. Amato uses laser therapy to reduce inflammation and stimulate healing deep within the muscle cells.
- Lifestyle guidance- our staff shows you how to sit, stand, lift and sleep to eliminate lower back pressure and pain. These small adjustments keep you pain-free throughout the day as your body learns to remain in a new spinal position.
- Exercises- when appropriate, Dr. Amato teaches you core-strengthening and stretching exercises to restore muscular balance and eliminate undue pressure on your lower back. This helps if you have a job in which you sit for the day and risk tightening the backs of your upper legs which can pull on your lower back.
Chiropractic Treatment with Our Imperial Chiropractor
Dr. Amato will evaluate your lower back and spine, listen to your symptoms and examine your history to determine the source of your pain. Once he has a reason, he puts together a complete chiropractic care plan to alleviate your current pain and reduce the risk for future pain. Regardless of the cause of your lower back discomfort, our approach is a holistic one that uses natural solutions. Dr. Amato places your body into a strong alignment to reduce pain and heal old or new injuries so you are able to return to the activities you enjoy without being in pain.
Contact us Today for Back Pain Relief
Dr. Amato and the team at Advanced Family Chiropractic and Rehabilitation encourage you to visit us as soon as your lower back pain begins. If you have been injured in an accident and are experiencing pain, the sooner you begin care, the less likely you are to suffer from lasting discomfort.
Schedule your consultation today by calling (636) 464-5900.